Letter To Next Years Photo Students

Greetings upcoming photography students,

Photography is one of the best classes to take during high school. It is a interesting class that has you thinking outside the box. It allows students to open minds and provides a massive amount of creativity. This class is simple yet complex from the amount of things you can do. In this class, you are provided with flexibility and a lot of freedom.

However, the amount of flexibility and freedom means you must be accountable with your assignments. You learn about the basic fundamentals of photography, which can be interesting. I believe the best part of this class is that your work is all up to you! You have the ability to edit your photos the way you want to, which I believe makes things far less stressful. In a sense, it is as if you are your own boss and you tell yourself what to do to improve a photo.

The photography teacher, Mrs. Cauchon is a friendly teacher as long as you remain accountable and responsible. If you need help with any assignment, Mrs. Cauchon will be there to help. For those that are nervous to try new things, I say try this class! I felt the same when it came to photography. I once did not like anything related to photography. When I decided to try photography, I learned that it was a lot interesting than I expected it to be. I have developed a meaningful perspective on artwork because of the class. Never be afraid to try new things and give this class a chance!

-Damien Chavez